Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cabin Time

Posting about cabin vacation is always the hardest. Not because there is nothing to say, but because there is so much to say. In addition it is the one week I take tooooo many pictures. I am typically the mom thinking, "humm should I take a picture of this?" but for whatever reason at the cabin I become a photo snapping fool!

Zachery and I were super excited about getting on the road...buuuut then it took us literally 30 minutes to leave the metropolis of Clarkston. We forgot so many things...oh like GAS!! Seriously had to turn around at Evan's ponds and head BACK to town. The adventure begins. THEN my children decided that they needed to go to the bathroom at EVERY rest stop. We could have made it to Montana in the time it took us to get to Lake Wentachee!



Aaron "reading" the Iron Man Golden Book. It was sooo precious to listen to him read himself a bedtime story. We (me & the boys) love playing in Nason Creek. It's becoming a cabin tradition to hike down and play in the water and have Jordan meet us down there later. This was the first time I noticed that Noah can keep up with me walking...and I don't move slow. Look out future.


We went to a free concert in Plain and it turned out to be pretty fun! Donations benefitted the fire department so Aaron was pumped! Music and fire trucks, that is a pretty delightful combo for him! 

Speaking of music, this was the year of musical beds when it came to sleeping. Just knowing those new chairs turned into small beds was too much for the boys, they finally couldn't take it any longer and begged us to sleep in them one night. So we obliged, it's vacation. I think we had one boy on the top bunk of the down stair bed one night as well, not to mention the rotating that happened up stairs. Seriously, what ever happened to pick a bed and stay in it?!


So 2013 was the year of the boat purchase. Oh man, what a summer! (I will say I have had the best tan ever!) But, as luck would have it, we had the coolest, windiest week at the cabin in early August ever! We only had the boat out once! While it was a bit disappointing we did find out later that it may have been a blessing in disguise because the boat was semi-broken and had we run it all week, it could have been A LOT worse.

Went to Fish Lake for the first time in my cabin history. My parents rented a pontoon (on the pontoon...can't get song out of my head!) and we went fishing! I made blueberry bread the night before, packed a thermos of coffee, got the fishing poles, and were out on Fish Lake by 7:00 am. It was great! Aaron caught the first fish. We barley even believed him, just thought he was being super cute shouting "I got one! I got one! I got one!" until sure enough out of the water comes this little fish on his little pole! Then Noah caught one a bit later...and then just about the time when my heart started getting sad because it was beginning to look like Zach wasn't gonna get a fish, he did! Phew!


Story time with Grandma Goossen. Classic. 


Annnd this picture says it all...


As a mom of three boys I wish I could bring home the expanse of the wilderness. The great outdoors swallow up so much energy and bring balance to our existence together.  It is such a relief to send them out side and watch them meet their match. That is what I miss the most when we come home. Everything about my boys is bigger than my living room.

Looking forward to next time :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment