Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Scenic Way Work Out

The front half:
I am fresh and strong from my house to the beginning of the Scenic hill. The giant down hill portion is awesome, so easy.  I am cruising. Running down hill--a breeze. I look good.  I am strong. I've got it together. I know what to do, I know where I am going, and most importantly I know I can finish. Pure confidence.

And everyone is watching.

The back half:
On the return, I sprint the giant hill in sections...

And everyone is watching.

I am killing it, flying up hill like a champ, pure awesome...kind of, inside I know it's not all real, I am going to pitter out in a matter of seconds. I am not a cool as I appear...but for a moment...

And everyone is watching.

Walking. Panting. Out of breath. I don't even look like I know what I am doing out here. I just spent all I had sprinting the section. But they all don't know that. They are watching and they don't know the whole story. And still...

And everyone is watching.

Then another sprint, then another stop to catch my breath, then I am tired. No more sprinting. Just using what's left to get home. Going slow, wishing I was faster, yes wishing I was faster even if the wish is silly....because

EVERYONE IS WATCHING.
(okay maybe not everyone)

Then I get home. I cool down. I finished....AND I FEEL GREAT! It was easy, it was hard, I wanted to quit but I didn't. I didn't think I could do it but I did. After all that...I am gonna do it again next week.

This is life.


No comments:

Post a Comment