Saturday, January 26, 2013

Off To The Races!

On of my goals for 2013 is to RACE! One of the reasons I want to race is to conquer that perfectionist thing that says I have to be the best BEFORE I TRY ANYTHING NEW! I'd rather be the person who goes out and enjoys something new and has fun doing it regardless of the outcomes. Running has been one of the best things for my mind, almost more than my body. (But my body is not complaining either!!)

The races that I hope to at least complete this year are Freeze Your Fanny 5K (today's race), the St. Patricks Day 5k, and the fall Lewis-Clark Half Marathon, maybe I will add one or two in the mix, we'll see. [Nothing quite like publishing your goals to keep you accountable!]

This race was great one for me and here is why...
1. I went by myself! More points to independence!
2. I realized that to get accustomed to racing, one must race. Duh!
3. This was my second 5K and I put down my best time so far: 24:41
4. I won a mug!! Ya, there were only a few women in my age group, but first place in my age group still felt good!
5. I visited with a nice lady while waiting for the prizes, she was the second place winner in my age group, oh and did I mention the age group was 35-39! (not a huge spread, but I will repeat, it feels good to win!)

Pre-race face!

My winning mug! I couldn't wait for a cup of HOT coffee at home! 
It's called freeze your fanny for good reason!


Race results, I couldn't help snapping a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment