Sunday, February 28, 2010

Clare Family Sunday

I realize 2 church posts in a row may seem over the top. I had been planning to make a Clare Family Sunday post that tells the story of a Sunday for our family for a while. I had no idea my sons were gonna highjack my topic idea with their cuter funnier garage church!

Even so Sundays are sorta special for us since we are a Lead Pastor family. They have a routine and rhythm all their own. Each Sunday morning I am busy with the responsibility of making sure our service is ready, yet at the same time in the back of my mind and in the corners of my heart I am making note of three little boys who are making memories of their own. I hear the echos of sword fighting in the lobby, scooter races up and down the auditorium isles, and a baby who watches the band with wide eyed wonder.

The boy's morning starts at 6 am with breakfast.


Then it's off to church at 7am for lots of mischief:

Little Baby A might be the band's biggest fan, he rushes the stage durnig practice almost every week. When this picture was taken he started rockin' to the beat and clapping his hands.


When he's done with stage it's back to the production booth.

Every week after service my dad goes to McDonalds and buys lunch for both Jordan's extended family and my own. The big boys generally get to go with him, when they get back to the house they burst through the front door and announce to all of us waiting "HAMBURGERS ARE HERE!"



Lunch always includes some kind of awesome play time with an awesome Uncle or 2. This particular peice of fort sweetness was provided courtesy Uncle Joel Clare.



Just about every Sunday ends with a family viewing of America's Funniest Home Videos. The cacophony of laughter from Jordan down to Aaron may actually be funnier than the show itself.

As I conclude this post, the experience of logging what a regular Clare Family Sunday looks like has made my heart warm and fuzzy. Our life is good, it is full of love, and I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing this! When Heidie was home thats the first thing she text me on sunday, "having burgers with the family!"

    I only have one correction, as I have never hear Noah or Zachery say "HAMBURGERS are here" however I have frequently heard "HANGABERS are here"

    thats more like it.

    ReplyDelete