Sunday, September 8, 2013

Aaron Turns Five!

My baby is 5!

Aaron's birthday celebration began yesterday (Saturday) with his birthday breakfast and birthday stroll. Yes, he wanted a stroll and so I gave it to him, he even told me where to go! Since his birthday landed on a Sunday this year we couldn't do birthday breakfast on his birthday. His birthday breakfast request was french toast.


We finished celebrating his birthday on Sunday with his party! And what a happy boy! If only I could have the happy/fun gene that he was given! Seriously, this is the child that must have gotten ALL of Jordan & I's recessive genes!! 

Birthday lunch was "crunchy tacos" as he likes to call them and Grandma Goossen so graciously brought ALL the fixin's for that! Grandma Nyla provided the ice cream. I don't know if it could be a birthday party with out ice cream!? (Especially in the case of Aaron!) Oh and "crunchy tacos" means that we ate them in the hard corn shells from a box--his fav. 

Later that evening we had hamburgers for birthday dinner. And that pretty much makes up the entirety of Aaron's favorite meals. Crunchy Tacos. Hamburgers. If we never ate anything else he would be unfazed. If I mention steak for dinner, he frowns and sighs, "I don't like steak." (Ya, I can't wait to let him know how many steaks he snubbed when he is like 18!) 

It was a fun party and he was delightful all day. After it was over, later in the afternoon, sitting at the table finishing up some cake scraps, he looked over at me and said, "I can't believe it was my birthday today" with a sigh of complete satisfaction. 


The Brothers Three looking at Grandmas and not at me!



This kid could give the toddler Joshua Clare "Connect Four" excitement a run for his money!


We picked out our cake from the book at Wal-Mart. Yes, this Super Mom has her limits, no cake making this year. We had a fun time choosing it together and he was very excited about it!


Even now as I type, I can see Aaron, playing with his Spider Man birthday balloon, being totally hysterical as he looks at himself in the mirror. He is Wiggling and spinning the balloon above his head. He is such a joy to our family. I am so thankful I listened to that still small voice telling me, your family isn't done...I have one more for you, and what a one he turned out be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment