Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Edge of Hell

For whatever reason, all I saw when I registered for todays 4 mile Edge of Hell trail run was the "4 miles." I sorta breezed by the trail run part, or thought to myself, it's Lewiston, how trail-ish can it be!?! And seriously if something has the the word "hell" in any part, one should pause.

WELL, let me asure you for this fast footed, asfault/side walk loving runner, it WAS TRAIL enough!! The "I'll enjoy the view at a liesure pace" run I thought I was going to complete was more like "oh, this is still going uphill and oh my this is steep down hill, and oh we are going uphill AGAIN, and OH there are ROCKS and MUD and OH I ALMOST FELL, and okay, you better keep your eyes glued to the path, and decided every step" kind of run. Just in case you think I am being dramatic (cause I'm never over dramatic *smile*) I really did trip trying to change a song, that never got changed, on my ipod nano, cause I almost fell! So, with that, I will say it was a blast when I finally finished 37 minutes and 57 seconds later, which is good time considering I was walking some BECAUSE I WAS SO TIRED.

The best part however was that this time the hubs and kids were there to send me off and greet me upon my return. It was GREAT! 



My tag is the 4th pink one half in the dark, I tried to get a good picture, but alas the shadow. 
I started feeling dumb hovering over the results so that is what I got!


After the race we had a victory picnic lunch and headed to Sunset Park so the kids could play. Great day, great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment