Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rollerblade Daredevil

The story that is about to be told is a perfect example of what completely mystifies me about living with boys. Noah declared a "family night outside" which is code for "everyone come outside and watch me and my brothers do whatever we want." So after a bit I went outside to see what was going on. Jordan was in the garage working on a kite and the boys were playing on the drive way. 

Zachery in particular was wearing rollerblades, and was at the top of the drive way. When he noticed that I was looking at him he said, "watch me mom, I am practicing being a daredevil." Then he barrels down the drive way (full speed) into the gravel next to our garage, hits a rocky dirt pile, falls to his knees, landing mostly spread eagle, and lays there with a pause before getting up.

As I watched this "move" unfold I a squealed a little,  then a little more,  and then little more loudly,  and finally at the finish, a full mom yelp of fear. Jordan looks at me with his, "your crazy" eyes and says, "what are you doing?"At the same moment,  Zachery pops up from his "move" and is grinning ear to ear. EAR to EAR!! He is soooo happy I screamed.  He looks at me and says, "mom I did that on purpose, for you. I did it on purpose to scare you!" Yep. I had a heart attack. My son had a victory.  Zach then rolls into the garage next to Jordan, who is also smiling. They totally get it, and they totally get that I don't get it at all. This is life with boys.

He kept that smile all night. He also asked me to make a video. The video is not as bad as the fall that I told in the story above AND I made him put a helmet on. Daredevils in my house will at least wear a helmet...and I will have to get used to tricks designed to give me a fright!




In the story above he hit the brown dirt pile straight on and
flopped down and landed on the other side. The picture lets you 
know that he did the same move a couple more times!!

Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment