Saturday, August 8, 2009

new shoes


Last week, with all three boys in tow, we went shoe shopping. While I was aware that Noah's old shoes were worn out I had no idea that both Noah and Zachery's feet had grown so much! Zachery's feet went up 2 sizes and Noah's one size! So much for making them wait till school started to wear them!

The hilarity of the shopping is one that only a mother could love. I had underestimated the influence of commercials on my children. I knew that they had seen Skecher advertisements, however I was not aware that they were paying attention to them. When we walked into the the Famous Footwear and the wall of Skechers was staring them down the cries of "I want these ones" were deafing! All the while little baby A sat quietly slobbering away on my cell phone while the boys pulled WAY too many shoes off the shelves. It was definatly one my "oh no...I am that mom!" moments.

After gathering myself and them as well, I dealt with each boy one at a time. Thank goodness for the big red padded benches at Famous Footwear! Noah was super excited to get the shoes he is holding in the posted picture. I took Zachery back to Ross (oh yes! Famous Footwear was the second stop!!) and got him the shoes he's holding! And as if this was not enough we proceeded to go grocery shopping next!

A great big special thanks goes out to my Aunt Joyce and Di who have made these shoes possible! The boys have been thrilled! I am ever thankful for all the ways they have loved us and the rest of the Goossen family!

2 comments:

  1. Girl I feel you. Alek's feet are growing like crazy. It is so wonderful to have people who love our children and are able to bless us in these areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure love hearing from you! I need to figure out how to get this blog to let me know when some one comments!

    ReplyDelete