Saturday, January 21, 2012

If you are gonna make cookies...

That is my man making his first batch of homemade m&m cookies, his favorite. As I was getting reading to make them, he said to me,"I can make them, why don't I make them?"

Since he has a pretty good track record in the kitchen, I acquiesced. I then sat down in the big comfy brown chair next to the fireplace and thought to myself, this is awesome, I am relaxing he is dessert making, I must be in some kind of fantasy come true.

My reflections were suddenly interrupted from the kitchen with a, " uh oh I messed up."

Of course now my brain is exploding, it's cookies, how do you mess up cookies 2 minutes into the prep time!?!

"I mixed the flour and sugars and baking powder all together will that work?"

I reply with "didn't you read the instructions? No, you have to cream to butter and sugar! How did you not read the instructions?!" (if you only knew how many times I have heard from him to read the instructions!)

We continue this line of conversation, he asking if I am sure he needs to start over and assure him he should when, suddenly from the bedrooms we are interrupted by Zach, our middle son, whose voice had very concerned edge to it yelling, "I don't want cookies that are not made right!!" joined by his older brother Noah, "I don't either, I want cookies made right!"

Jordan and I paused, looked at each other, and burst into laughter. It was so unexpected, so hysterical, so perfect.

I am now in my comfy brown chair completing this post (also thinking maybe I shouldn't have had quite as many spoonfuls of dough as I did) and awaiting my first homemade cookie from my husband. Life is good. (and so are cookies!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment